Friday, January 27, 2012

Astrid - repainted for the love of the hobby - part 5

From Evernote:

Astrid - repainted for the love of the hobby - part 5


So I finally got around to paint her face.
As usual I got my 2:1 1:2 mix - that is, I mix foundation with shadow, and work my way up to lighter color...
that was a mistake. 
In the past I used to do 2:1, then 1:1, then 1:2 mix, so between each shades I got 3 different successions, but I thought since I thinned down the mix so much I can get away with one mix less...


I put this shot in because her skin looks smooth, and this actually is very close to how I look at her with naked eye



The result of one less mix, is that her expression is a lot more intense, giving the impression that her feature is more pronounced and therefore a more intense look...
ho well lesson learned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...