Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reaper KS Urban Legend Sophie WIP - fork tube

I know nothing about bike but thanks to the Internet I know that part that connect to the front wheel is called the Fork Tube (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_fork), and that's the bits that I spent a lot of time on.


so the first and most delicate part is to drill some tiny holes into the part that they needs to line up.  I haven't done any markings on it so i just guessed whereabout is the middle and drilled.  It is very hard for me to drill straight too.  this is tiny so I can't use the power drill as it would easily slip.

so after a lit of drilling and pinning I joined them together.  It wasn't easy, they didn't line up properly and there's still a big gap in between. So it's green stuff stuffing time.  It is actually harder than it looks, it isn't easy to handle such tiny bits of sticky green stuff, and even harder to smooth it out.

But after so handling it for so long it got easier.  In hindsight I could have mixed in some grey stuff so it gets even harder and can allow some sanding.  But then again I can always just smooth it out by cutting.

so while I got some green stuff I did some smoothing out on the body.  The body is formed by two parts and they actually didn't line up properly, so there are 'cliffs' at some parts of the body.  For some parts I can get away with cutting out the 'cliff' but for obvious area like the body and the part under it it has to be done with green stuff.  I haven't prime it yet so we'd see how it goes


All thanks to the having the right tool really.  This is the stainless carving and shaping knife I got, best investment in tools ever.

[[[ SHE IS DONE: http://51-cent.blogspot.hk/2013/10/Sophie-done.html ]]]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...