Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sophie base coating - Reaper LE Sci-fi Sophie diorama WIP

Finally after weeks of working on this Sophie herself makes an appearance! So let's give Yotsuba a bigger break.  I did this all in one night (ie 1.5 hrs) so a big pet on the back for myself.  I guess at this rate I can finish a table top quality mini in about 2 nights... (next up, massive BONES painting haha)  Anyhow this is how far I got, really not bad if I may say so myself.


Took me a while to decide on the color scheme, but I guess it works out.  I think the hair looks fine, give a good contrast against the blue suit.  I'd give it a brown wash and bright red highlights, although that would be challenging as some of the hair gets very close to the face.... next time I really should do a better and more complete base coat for the hair before starting on the face....

I think the armor plates works, it was painted with Reaper Terran Khaki (09122).  I am lazily relaying on using the Khaki paint set for anything that's white or light color.  The best part of the set is the variation you can get out of it: if I want it to appear whiter I just add more highlights, and if I want it darker towards grey I just put in more shadow.


And yes, the eyes. Look at her eyes.  Dotting the eye is something that I had practices so many time for so long.  These are easy to do bigger eyes, so it was very easy for me.  Lips was good with a bigger lower lips so the catch light on the lips is easier to put on.  Notice I haven't put up a close up of her face coz I haven't figure out the highlights yet and there are a lot of annoying tiny spots that I missed on her hair, where the grey prime is showing... Next time I would definitely do a pure white overall highlight on the prime before starting to paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...